Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Day 3

I finally finished a reasonable draft of slides for my talk tomorrow. I also did a quick check of the room that I am going to use; it is the kind of ancient European-style lecture hall with cascading rows of chairs so that the lecturer is essentially at the bottom of a tiny coliseum. Very interesting configuration. I will see how the effect is tomorrow.

I also attended a session for the first (and probably the last) time of a half-hour fast-forward for short papers.

For dinner, I went to Prinz Myshkin. It is claimed to be the best vegetarian restaurant in town, so of course I will have to check it out. Overall, the décor is excellent and I saw several of “the kind of chicks with blonde hair + white skin + long figure + luxury clothing that you would expect to see in either a German fairy tale or a posh vegetarian restaurant”.


(Prinz Myshkin)

For food, I ordered “Sojamedallions”, described as “In a deliciously creamy mushroom sauce, served with fresh arugola spätzle (german noodle speciality)”. In plain English, it is mushroom sauce over fake meat and irregular lumped shaped noodles.
The food tastes quite good, but a bit pricy, even compared with “Pure Lotus” in Beijing, one of the poshest vegetarian restaurants that I have visited. The service is also a bit slow; obviously the waitresses have too much to deal with.


(Sojamedallions)


(Spanish Fruit House in Marienplatz)


(Marienplatz at night)

No comments:

Post a Comment