Monday, March 30, 2009

Day 1

I tried to cash in some traveler check in the morning, but the American Express branch that used to be in Munich city center has gone already. So I ended up having to visit a local currency exchange, which charged exorbitant commission for traveler checks. I guess I should just bring cash next time.

Afterwards I tried to make the conference. But for some reason the conference management could not locate my registration, and they told me to try to come back the next day. This is excellent because I really did not feel like attending the talks anyway. So I came back to the city center and spending time there for the entire afternoon.

I had dinner in an Indian restaurant, and glad to finally have some vegetables.


(Funky building, front view)


(Funky building, side view)


(St. Marien Church, court yard)


(Marienplatz)


(Isar river, near my hotel)


(Old city center entrance)


(Some plaza inside old city center)


(Booze house, front door)


(Booze house, inside)

No comments:

Post a Comment